Greening Youth and Growald Foundation International Fellowship Program
Position: Operations Fellow – Subak
In collaboration with the Growald Family Fund, the Greening Youth Foundation will work to recruit, place, and train fellows to work at the Growald Family Fund international partner sites through the International Fellowship Program. This program will advance the goals of both organizations.
Program Goals and Objectives
· Increase diversity in environmental organizations.
· Increase the number of recent graduates from HBCUs with international experiences.
· Develop and strengthen resources for young adults transitioning from universities into the workforce.
· Contribute to and build the capacity of host organizations, ensuring that this program is symbiotic for both parties.
Help us reverse climate change! An exciting opportunity to join Subak, an accelerator and data cooperative for climate nonprofits.
What is Subak?
Subak is an accelerator and data cooperative for climate nonprofits. We help nonprofits maximize their impact in reversing climate change, through funding, learning, and networking. Subak accelerates nonprofits by supercharging their ability to unlock open data to influence policy and mass-market behavior. You’ll be joining us at a period of rapid international growth, and be part of a London-centered global team. https://climatesubak.org/
What’s the role?
You will join us at the same time as our first cohort of climate nonprofits, and you will help get Subak and its members ready for Demo Day in June. You will be super organized and creative, and interested in learning about the needs and challenges of fast-growing climate change nonprofits. You will help us to plan and deliver events for the cohort, where you will meet interesting and You’ll be helping to keep the organization and program running smoothly, as we expand our program and roll out across multiple international locations.
- Marketing and communications
- Work with a PR agency to execute Subak’s social media and communications strategy
- Work with the team to devise, design, and create impactful content ideas to grow our engagement across digital platforms including website, social media and blog posts
- Help us to get the Subak podcast up and running
- Updating and maintaining the Subak website using Squarespace
- Support the planning, coordination and delivery of our program timetable, including learning sessions, workshops, and social events.
- Work with the Program Lead to organize an amazing Demo Day in June.
- Assist with logistics of virtual event delivery
- Participate in Project Presentation at close of International Fellowship Program.
- Ad hoc support with board reports, funder/grant reports, regrant documents, etc.
- Researching and liaising with Demo Day attendees: funders, speakers, tech team, sponsors, advocates, etc.
You will have:
Must be a graduate or undergraduate of a Historically Black College or University (HBCU)
• A good capacity for analysis and adaptation and the ability to plan, prioritize and organize
• High energy, resilience and motivation
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Digitally fluent – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
• Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
• A pragmatic approach to work, adaptability and be a team player
You will get:
• Understanding and experience of business operations in a fast-paced, mission-driven startup nonprofit environment
• Immersion into the world of climate change, sitting at the heart of a community of innovative and high-impact climate organizations
• Experience using Content Management System (CMS) such as Squarespace and how to make website edits
• Experience using various social media tools e.g. Hootsuite
This position is remote for the first three months of the six month program. Once safe travel is permissible, program participants will travel and work at the international host site for the remainder of the program. All documentation, travel, and housing arrangements required for safe voyage and establishment at the host company’s international location will be arranged and expenses covered.
GYF, Growald, and Subak would love to know more about you as an applicant and your aspirations in the sustainability field. As a supplement to your online application, please submit at three minute video (MP3 file) detailing the following:
- A short and persuasive opening statement or your elevator pitch introducing us to you. Include your name and any quantifiable achievements.
- A brief overview of your skills, experience, and/or interest detailing why you are tailored for the role you are applying for.
- Lastly, a brief statement of your views on the intersection of climate change and diversity on a global scale.
Videos and inquiries should be submitted directly to email@example.com.