VISITOR SERVICES ASSOCIATE – 2021 SEASON
Greenwood Gardens, a non-profit public garden and historic site, is seeking a part-time, seasonal Visitor Services Associate.
Greenwood Gardens is a historically significant 28-acre public garden and former private estate whose mission is to connect people with nature in a historic garden oasis. Incorporated as a non-profit and open to the public for free-roam visitation since 2013, Greenwood continues in its efforts to preserve and enhance its gardens, architecture, and landscape for the education and enjoyment of the public, guided by a seven-year Strategic Plan. Its terraced gardens, meadows, woodlands, grottoes and teahouses were designed in the early twentieth century by William W. Renwick. A time capsule of New Jersey’s gracious past and a haven of tranquility in the busy New York metropolitan area, the site’s original sweeping vistas have been preserved and extended on all sides by designated parkland.
The Visitor Services Associate, reporting to the Visitor Services Site Manager, will be responsible for performing the following critical duties during our 27-week season, May 1 through November 7, 2021:
Procedures and Property Care
• Welcome visitors as the first point of contact during hours of operation
• Be responsible for ticket sales during hours of operation, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Monitor the site during hours of operation
• Assist with opening set up and closing cleanup
• Ensure a memorable visitor experience by implementing best practices of customer service
• Permit garden access to visitors and members
• Engage in high level interaction with visitors to answer questions, ensure compliance with all garden rules, and take appropriate action when necessary
• Answer and respond to telephone inquiries, as needed
• Other related duties as required and assigned
• Must be available up to three days per week, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 1 through November 7, 2021, on a flexible rotating schedule
• Must be available for training dates: April 12-16, 2021 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Able to work a schedule that meets the needs of Greenwood Gardens
• Must be extremely friendly, professional, courteous, and able to work independently
• Previous experience in customer service is highly desirable
• Familiarity with a point-of-sale system is a plus
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Driver’s license required
• Ability to drive an electric golf cart (we will train you)
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
Seasonal part-time: Friday, Saturday and Sunday (in rotation up to three days per week)
May 1 through November 7, 2021
Includes compensation for training dates: April 12-16, 2021
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Stephanie Murphy, Public Engagement Manager
No calls please
Salary: $15.00 per hour