At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers.
Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovative impact.
Position Summary: The Office Manager Intern provides administrative support for general office, operations, HR and strategic programs of Greyston Foundation’s Administration. Serves as initial point of contact for all callers and visitors to the Greyston Foundation. This opportunity is ideal for someone seeking to gain experience in the nonprofit space. Hours can be a full-time or part-time schedule, Monday through Friday. Remote work is not available for this role.
· Coordinates and executes administrative duties including but not limited to: filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, data entry, research, mailings and arranging meetings or travel.
· Answers, screens, and directs calls on multi-line phone system in a courteous and professional manner; takes messages and/or forwards callers to appropriate individuals; and monitors voicemail.
· Meets and greets all visitors to the Greyston Foundation; determines their needs and directs them to the appropriate individual(s)/location(s).
· Responds to visitors, clients, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
· Composes and types correspondence as needed. Prepares presentations and spreadsheets.
· Distributes daily internal/external mail and overnight packages.
· Orders and maintains office supplies. Keeps reception area neat and organized.
· Prepares and maintains meeting and conference room reservations and catering schedules; circulates schedule to appropriate staff.
· Assists with conference room set-up for on-site meetings. Arranges catering.
· Manages ongoing and special projects for various departments including operations, human resources, strategic programs, etc.
· Performs other office duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Articulate communication skills – verbal, pictorial and numerical.
· Excellent telephone etiquette, communication and organizational skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities, assignments and projects simultaneously. Utilizes a proactive, resourceful, problem-solving approach without prompting or micromanagement; a consummate self starter.
· Ability to prioritize and execute desired project goals with prudence and sense of urgency.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions from multiple individuals simultaneously.
· Ability to interact effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels, both internal and external to Greyston.
· Creative, flexible and innovative team player.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
· Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision.
· Desire to invest your passion and commitment to a mission that you feel you can embrace and to contribute to the organization’s growth and success.
· A willingness and flexibility to do “whatever it takes” for “whoever needs it” to ensure success of the organization’s mission.
· Intermediate level Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with Visio is a plus.
Current student or recent graduate preferred. College credit may be available.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GAIN VALUABLE NON-PROFIT EXPERIENCE
IF INTERESTED PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO JOBS@GREYSTON.ORG