Grocery Haulers Incorporated (GHI) is a privately held logistics company headquartered in Iselin, N.J. operating 24/7 throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Region.
As a logistics and transport provider, our mission is to leverage our scale and our knowledge of information technology and routing systems, aligned with a highly motivated and trained professional workforce, to bring our customers the best service at the lowest possible cost.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct and dispatch product movements with professionalism and efficiency
- Schedule, plan and monitor transports across the North East service area
- Monitor driver performance and progress of service execution
- Troubleshoot and resolve service related issues
- Evaluate labor requirements and ensure adequate labor levels
- Coordinate with outside carriers to fulfill labor needs.
- Maintain working knowledge of compliance with Federal Safety Standards
- Other duties upon request
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in supply chain, transportation or related field, OR at least 5 years’ experience dispatching trucks OR military experience in logistics function
- Flexibility in working hours a must, since dispatch is open 24/7
- Centralized Logistics Specialists are expected to work 50 hours per week
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers with professionalism
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Well versed in state and federal laws on truck driver safety
Full benefits package and excellent starting salary! *Please note that Grocery Haulers has taken every precaution to ensure that our offices are safe for our employees. Offices are sanitized regularly and there are sanitizers, gloves, masks, and daily temperature checks. In addition, six foot distancing has been mapped out in the office.
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Grocery Haulers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.