Grocery Haulers, Inc. is a leading logistics management, motor carrier transportation company serving customers throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. We are currently seeking a Transportation Planner to optimize motor carrier transportation routes and maximize efficiency.
• Monitor, analyze, evaluate, and optimize route productivity and the movement of freight
• Utilize engineering techniques and management principles to implement improved routing solutions
• Interact and communicate with co-workers and customers to draw maximum efficiency and value from truck routing decisions
• Utilize routing software to assist with optimizations. Experience with Oracle, Roadnet or Ortec a plus, but not required.
• Support the goal of finding long term efficiencies to reduce the overall cost of service.
*Excellent communication skills and experience with routing software solutions required.
*Prior experience with route planning software and applications (TMS) and knowledge of DOT *FMCSA hours of service rules highly preferred.
*Hours are Monday- Friday (Occasional weekend hours may be necessary)
– Must Have Permanent Work Authorization in the United States
Full benefits package.*Please note that Grocery Haulers has taken every precaution to ensure that our offices are safe for our employees. Offices are sanitized regularly and there are sanitizers, gloves, masks, and daily temperature checks. All new hires must be vaccinated or in the process of being vaccinated.
Job Type: Full-time
View public job page