Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
We build some of the best sales people across the United States. Are you ready to become one of them?
Does it matter what you sell? Would you prefer to sell “stuff?” Or do you want to use your skills to help grow local businesses in more than a dozen countries?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you’re ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Business Development teams focus on building partnerships with new Groupon merchants. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to craft unique marketing campaigns to help them reach their targeted audiences. Our expertise ultimately creates jobs and drives economies as we help local merchants thrive.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you’ll focus on closing new business for the Groupon platform. Starting day 1, you’ll receive hands-on professional sales training and learn the core skills needed to be successful long term. Through our training program, you’ll learn about customer relationship building, Groupon’s sales process, sales strategy, sales psychology, and more. You’ll use the skills developed in this training to make connections, grow partnerships, and scale the businesses we have on our site – both big and small.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career?And best of all, we believe in helping people grow within the sales organization. We have a dedicated training staff and programs to take anyone to the next level.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will seek out new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals
- Develop familiarity with each merchant’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue/profit drivers
- Utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy to reach Groupon’s and merchants’ desired outcomes and maximize profit
- Take ownership of contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed your sales targets
- Work with Merchant Development teams post-close to ensure a flawless transition of accounts and align on merchant strategy
- Drive market growth for both quality of merchants and revenue
- You will be expected to be flexible and adapt to the organization’s initiatives, focuses, and products, as they relate to the goals and success of Groupon, our merchants, and our customers
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Entry level or 1+ years of success in a sales environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience selling over the phone and cold calling a plus
- You’re not afraid to fail, and you’re always looking for ways to improve
- Adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- Accountable and balance multiple priorities flawlessly
- Committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener and can also be assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- You are curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.