Grow as a developer by building tools that grow local business
You chose to become an engineer because you believe in technology’s ability to make a difference in the world. So why would you spend your days building things that don’t matter?
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
We’re looking for the next wave of great software development engineering interns. We work in small, independent and agile teams, and collaborate with product designers to implement stuff quickly. As part of our technology team, you’ll use a variety of technologies and development practices to build pioneering local commerce applications used by millions of people. There are few boundaries for our interns, so expect to make a huge impact. The code we commit today is running in production around the world within a week – sometimes that day. So we need people that will take pride in the quality of their code and take it personally when there’s a bug that affects our customer experience.
You’ll spend time on one of the following areas:
- Mobile development (Swift/Objective-C, Java)
- Full stack and Back end development (Java, Ruby)
What to Expect:
- Exposure – Being a household name gives employees the opportunity to work in startup-like environment and focus on deeply interesting work that you wouldn’t get to do anywhere else; prepare to make a large scale impact in a short amount of time
- Professional Development – Participate in weekly “lunch and learns” with other engineering and business functions, skill building workshops, and networking sessions
- Fun – Develop your network while getting to know your peers and Groupon’s leaders through remote social events
- Mentorship – Look forward to one-on-one time with dedicated managers and mentors to facilitate your growth throughout the summer internship experience
- Work from home – Our summer 2021 internship will be a remote experience
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Solid foundational Computer Science knowledge (e.g. data structures, algorithms, testing practices)
- Must demonstrate strong coding ability
- Previous experience working in collaborative technical teams (e.g. class projects, hackathons, previous work experience, open source projects)
- Ability to apply creative problem solving skills
- You have a strong desire to learn and grow
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.