The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® helps protect families, secure futures and improve well-being through insurance and wealth management offerings for individuals, employers and businesses. Our ability to always put our 26 million customers first is driven by our 158-year heritage as a mutual company committed to serving the long-term needs of our policyholders. With approximately 9,000 employees and a network of over 2,750 financial representatives in 55 agencies nationwide, the entire Guardian team is passionate about advancing innovation, service and knowledge to help build strong families and communities for generations to come.
Our Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company. You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
As an API Developer, intern will be developing new APIs in Java technologies and enhancing existing APIs. Follow Software Development Life Cycle, test for Quality and deploy APIs for external access.
Support integration of APIs with Benefit Administrator partners to exchange data in real time.
Job Responsibilities include
- Analyze and understand Business requirements and need for Automation and integration with APIs
- Document software Architecture artifacts, process flows, Sequence diagrams and integration flows
- Create API Specs, Write API code in Java Spring Framework, Spring boot and configure in API Gateway
- Build & deploy code in test environments and migrate to production using DevOps tools
- Support functional and performance testing, troubleshoot issues
- Demo and present code to Business stakeholders and Product Manager
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Understanding of Computer Science basics in Algorithms, Databases and Operating Systems and Java Programming.
Housing is not provided.
You must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.