Who We Are
Guardian is a Fortune 250 global financial services company, as well as one of the largest mutual insurance companies in America. Guardian offers a range of insurance products from life insurance and disability income insurance to annuities and dental plans.
We are proud to be able to deliver on our commitments and to be able to serve our clients when they need us the most. Our superior customer service was recognized across the industry with the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 DALBAR Service Award. We are committed to creating better futures for our clients, employees, and communities. We do this by keeping our values in sight:
We do the right thing
We hold ourselves to very high standards
Do you want to be part of a collaborative Individual Disability Claims Team?
We understand that no one majors in insurance while they are in college, and that limited knowledge of insurance should not impact your qualifications for our available positions. We are seeking an intern with educational diversity to fuel our exciting and dynamic work environment. So regardless of your major, you could begin your career path with Guardian as an intern within Individual Disability Claims.
Our culture is where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards”. If that is important to you, please apply.
A self-starter who is fueled by learning something new every day, able to adapt to an ever-changing environment and wants to be surrounded by individuals of various professional backgrounds and experience working towards the same goal.
- A desire to learn about Individual Disability Claims
- Knowledge of various computer software systems (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- An aptitude for research, critical thinking, working independently & as part of a team
- Be given the opportunity to learn about Disability Claims, what a claim is, how it is initiated, and the journey that it takes thru the evaluation process. There are many aspects to a disability claim that are reviewed; the policy that the customer purchased, the medical condition and how that relates to the insured’s inability to work, either full time or part time. There are various practice groups within the department that are responsible for their collective work; Medical, Financial & Investigative.
- Pittsfield, MA or remote
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please apply online. We look forward to getting to know you.
- Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years.
Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and financial strength.
And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first.
Because everyone deserves a Guardian.
Learn more about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
© Copyright 2020 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.