The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® helps protect families, secure futures and improve well-being through insurance and wealth management offerings for individuals, employers and businesses. Our ability to always put our 26 million customers first is driven by our 158-year heritage as a mutual company committed to serving the long-term needs of our policyholders. With approximately 9,000 employees and a network of over 2,750 financial representatives in 55 agencies nationwide, the entire Guardian team is passionate about advancing innovation, service and knowledge to help build strong families and communities for generations to come.
Our Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
Enterprise L&D is part of the Strategy, Governance and Enablement (SGE) organization and is responsible for the planning, design, development and implementation of training solutions that support the strategic priorities of Enterprise Operations & Services, Group Benefits and Individual Markets organizations.
Opportunities for this internship will be focused on supporting the Learning & Development Team on the following projects for our Group Benefits Customer Response Unit (CRU) training:
- Continuing the development of our new hire in-classroom & post training metrics and Tableau tracking mechanisms.
- Learn how our metrics and tracking mechanisms align to participant performance goals post training.
- Accelerate Impact of current training performance tracking mechanisms by updating any new alignments and automate as much as possible.
- Supporting the CRU Learning Specialists by transitioning classroom activities (ie: worksheets, collaboration activities, etc.) from manual to automated formats (ie: Word file worksheets transitioned to MS Forms).
- Automate activity completion data for facilitators.
- Innovate by creating personalize feedback mechanism in the automated format.
- Conducting the annual CRU Broker Planholder/Member training needs analysis.
- Transition survey from gathering agents’ perceptions of training needs to a data driven approach of identifying knowledge gaps.
- Compile and distribute the results so an action plan can be developed.
Qualifications – External
– Enrolled in Undergraduate Degree Program (preferably, focused on Learning, Organizational Development, Education, Communications, Marketing, Human Resources)
– Strong communication skills (oral/written)
– Microsoft office skills (primarily PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
– Creative problem-solving skills
~Housing is not provided~
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.