Our 2022 Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
Business Process Solutions Intern
Our Business Process solutions intern is responsible for performing the business analysis function in both pre-project (vision statement/assessment) and solution delivery activities. The primary responsibilities including elicitation, identification and documentation of business needs. Guardian has established an Enterprise Solution Delivery (ESD) organization to drive measurable, consistent, predictable portfolio delivery to accelerate and optimize value-add solutions for Guardian’s customers.
- Lead idea exploration and requirement elicitation while serving as a liaison to Product Management, Epic Owners and Business Owners identifying, evaluating, and developing processes and procedures that are cost effective and facilitate seamless customer experience.
- Facilitate the rigorous identification and documentation of business requirements by leading business resources through a variety of activities.
- Work collaboratively with business areas in planning and conducting the analysis of business problems to be solved to enhance and/or gain operational efficiencies.
- Approaches process analysis strategically, looking for the leap forward opportunities to add value to the business.
- Validate that new solutions (people, process, and technology) meets business objectives using quantitative and qualitative data.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure adherence to corporate standards, policies and procedures.
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-driven with strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills, ability to define problems, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience preparing, summarizing and presenting information and recommendations.
Location: Bethlehem, PA/Holmdel, NJ/ Appleton, WI/ New York, NY
(Housing is not provided)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we’re a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.