Our 2022 Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
Do you want to be part of a collaborative Customer & Digital Experience team?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys using data and research to build better consumer experiences? Are you excited by design challenges and possess good interpersonal skills to effectively liaison between technical and business teams? Do you think big and enjoy learning new ways of working, hands on work and opportunities to lead change? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you?
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Engineering Psychology or related program
- A self-starter who is fueled by a desire to improve customer experiences in the moments that matter most, approaching your work with a bias toward accountability, decision-making and action
- Inquisitive and creative, with an ability to listen to identify customer needs and dig deeper to understand the reasons behind those needs
- Able to transform conceptual thinking into deliverables that generate excitement, feedback and alignment among stakeholders
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, partnering across the company with business experts, software developers, data engineers, and marketers
- Enthusiasm to take the initiative to tackle problems and work with others to expand on your experience and expertise
- Some working knowledge of agile development practices, human centered design and/or UX design practices
- An aptitude for storytelling, visual storytelling and user research
- Experience with Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch or similar tools used to visualize digital experiences
Our Design team is thriving. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown in size and stature at the company, using design techniques and deliverables to improve collaboration, decision making and solution quality for both external and internal users.
We are regularly asked to solve business problems that require blue sky design thinking as well as minor and major design enhancements to existing systems. Your fresh perspective and digital native mindset will be a welcome addition to our team.
You will work closely with and learn from design strategists, UX designers, UI designers and developers, and user researchers to contribute to a variety of deliverables, including:
- Low-fidelity mockups prototypes
- Polished design mockups/prototypes
- Design system components
- Research plans
- Video scripts
- Consumer facing communications
- UX microcopy
Location: Remote/ New York, NY/ Holmdel, NJ
(Housing is not provided)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we’re a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.