Our 2022 Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
Do you want to be part of a collaborative Solutions Architecture team?
Are you a problem solver who provides solution designs for customers, designs products and services, provides architectural guidance across the organization and looking for a challenging role to innovate, and define Guardian’s next-gen application platforms? Do you enjoy working with your leaders and colleagues in business and security teams to solve complex business challenges? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you? If so, Guardian is seeking a Enterprise Solutions Architect – Intern to define and build responsive application design and strategies that provides the agility to adapt to changing business and organization needs.
A self-starter who is fueled by collaboration, able to transform conceptual thinking into executable insights who thrives in diving into business problems and using approved design patterns to make decisions.
- Excellent full stack technology experience including React JS, Java/J2EE fundamentals (Springboot APIs).
- Systems integration experience in a diverse multi-platform environment
- Knowledge of SAFe/Agile is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications; effective interpersonal skills; strong formal presentation abilities
- AWS Cloud Certification is desirable
- Must have eagerness to learn new technology quickly.
You will be part of Enterprise solutions architecture team and work closely with Business and Applications architects to ensure documented prescriptive blueprints and security best practices are followed and enforced during app design and implementation. You will learn and work on modern technology stack to deliver complex business solutions.
- Communicate – convey complex issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in a manner that is easily understood and actionable. Ability to communicate equally well with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Collaborate – Participate in planning and designing of the IT Solutions in alignment to business and organization objectives. Collaboratively work with Subject matter experts from different domains including security, Cloud, network, and other architecture domains to design the final solution.
- Enhance Guardian Technology Marketplace. This is internal go to place for solution design patterns.
- Develop POCs that would help Solution architecture team with architecting solution tools such as ArchiMate, blueprints, integration with AWS services
- Start enhancing or developing new application with features and stories decomposed.
- Learn current application technology and business capabilities (high level) across different LOBs.
- Participate and deliver solution design patterns that aligns with guardian’s technology vision and initiatives.
Location: Holmdel, NJ
(Housing is not provided)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we’re a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.