Our 2022 Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
Do you want to be part of a collaborative team?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited by difficult modeling challenges and possesses good interpersonal skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you? If so, Guardian is seeking actuarial interns to contribute to our business success.
A self-starter who is fueled by collaboration, able to transform conceptual thinking into executable insights who thrives in diving into business problems and using data to make decisions.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited institution
- Desire to learn and participate in an information security program
- Ability to problem-solve in an environment with frequent interruptions, changing priorities and deadlines
- Good presentation skills, communication skills, critical thinking
- Excellent Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint skills
- Education or background in information security desired but not required
On the information security Governance team we assist team performing security and risk engagement on projects, participate and engage for incorporating security governance controls on project(s) engagements. We assist in the preparation, maintenance, and updating security and compliance processes, procedures, and standards and create process flows and apply then to better define, measure, improve, analyze, and control security and privacy processes. We also ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and research, develop, create, and present a configuration standard for a new cloud service as they are deployed.
Highlights of the IT – Security internship will include:
- Exposure to IT Leadership across the Office of Information Security and Guardian Life Insurance Company
- Inclusion in business facing, vendor facing, and internal team meetings
- Participation in our applications and technology assessments program
- Participation in Risk and compliance program
- Opportunity to prepare and present project(s) and findings to IT and/or business leaders
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on experience in our assessments, and risk and compliance programs
- Work with mentor to take on key role(s) where there is an opportunity to support and participate in the day-to-day functions of the team
- Brief progress at weekly team meetings
- Support in creating leadership presentations and communication materials
- Flexible (United States)
(Housing is not provided)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we’re a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.