Summer 2022 Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
Do you want to be part of a collaborative team?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys diving into problems? We are seeking a beginning iOS developer who will be responsible for design, implementation and support of features for iOS Applications. This role will
be part of the Mobile Center of Excellent (MCoE) team. They will work alongside business stakeholders, product owners, and developers to build dynamic data driven apps with a focus on user experience for different business units across Guardian. Successful candidates for this position do not need any
previous iOS or Apple development experience.
A self-starter who is fueled by collaboration, able to transform conceptual thinking into executable insights who thrives in diving into business problems and using data to make decisions.
- Working toward a BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- Knowledge of release/build/configuration management practices.
- Demonstrable understanding of object oriented design/development, functional programming, and service oriented architecture.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical and aggressive project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of complex development issues including security, accessibility, privacy, concurrency and cross-browser/device compatibility.
- Knowledge of agile SDLC environment.
- Familiarity with any of these is an advantage during the application process
- Swift 5.x or later, iOS 12 SDK (Cocoa Touch & SwiftUI) or later
- XCode 11 or later, macOS 10.15 or later, Git, Cocoapods
- Knowledge of HTTP (POST/GET/PUT), OAuth, Swagger
- Calling RESTful Web Services using Postman, Paw, or another HTTP client
- Knowledge of bitmap (e.g. PNG, JPG) image densities & color depths
- Published apps in app stores
- Acts independently and as part of a team to translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered, tested, and deployed apps.
- Individual must be independent and not require a lot of direction. This person should be able to jump in and hit the ground running. They should
- have a good, positive, fun attitude and be a good team player.
- Individual should have maturity in assessing the urgency of an issue and understanding proper escalation along with anticipating issues and risks.
- Individual should be articulate and creative.
- Individual should understand what a development life cycle is.
- Individual should have a proven delivery track record of on time and within budget.
- Individual will collaborate with Technical Teams, Technical Manager, Project Manager and subject matter experts from the businesses. They will
- work closely with the SMEs to understand, plan and implement Mobile and R&D projects.
- Ensures compliance with security, infrastructure processes, policies and other administrative/corporate procedures.
- Ensures project success by reviewing project plans, timelines, estimates, and requirements documents providing feedback.
- Participates in code reviews, pull requests, and paired programming.
- Takes initiative to find opportunities to do things better, faster, and smarter. Should be self-directed and proactive, able to think beyond the
- immediate problem and anticipate using exceptional judgment and problem solving abilities.
- Partners with stakeholders, educating, negotiating and influencing them on implementation options and risks.
- Must be an active member in the tech community.
- Contribute to creativity idea generation and may initiate and lead strategic projects that will add significant value to the business.
Location: Mobile/Bethlehem, PA/New York, NY/Holmdel, NJ
(Housing is not provided)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we’re a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.