Our 2022 Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
Do you want to be part of a Network Engineering Team?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited by difficult modeling challenges and possesses good interpersonal skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you? If so, Guardian is seeking Network Engineering interns to contribute to our business success.
A self-starter who is fueled by collaboration, able to transform conceptual thinking into executable insights who thrives in diving into business problems and using data to make decisions.
- Knowledge of Networking or IT Security Technologies.
- Good consultative and communications skills, design skills, analytical ability, judgment, and the ability to work effectively with clients and other Information Technology staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Must be able to fulfill all obligations under limited supervision and also be competent to work on your own at the highest level as it relates to all technical phases of projects.
- Imagine what you could do here! At Guardian, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Come join the Network Team that support Guardian’s Global Network and edge sites! We’re a team of seasoned professionals that provide network design, operations, and software support. Our team directly influences daily operations of Guardian’s applications and other internet facing services in order to maximize durability and availability. This candidate will be working on the most challenging network migrations, tech refreshes and capacity augments of live production networks for Guardian.
- If you love networking, you will get to work the most complex problems. This is a very cross-functional role where you will partner with our Infrastructure teams, App teams, Platform teams and your peers’ teams in Network Engineering. The ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, to deliver solutions across a complex network. You must be a collaborative team player and participate actively network discussions and solutions.
Location: (WFH or Bethlehem)
(Housing is not provided)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we’re a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.