Our 2022 Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
Why you want to work here:
Reed Group is a mid-sized company that’s growing extremely fast. We help employers manage and understand employee absences. We build enterprise software, help people cope during big life crises, and web-publish medical information.
Who we are looking for:
A smart, energetic, individual who is flexible and can think creatively. You don’t need to be told what to do to make yourself useful. You love writing software and solving complex problems. You have a hunger for new knowledge, and love sharing your knowledge with your team. You keep trying until you get it right. You are precise, detail-oriented, and relentlessly pursue quality.
- A BS degree, or are actively pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 1-3 years of overall software development experience
- Hands on experience using the following, with moderate to advanced skills in at least one, and at least moderate skills in the rest:
- Angular.js / Angular 2
- Preferred – Experience with, knowledge of, or exposure to:
- ASP.net MVC
- Microservices architecture
- Responsive design
- Creating and consuming secure web services, web API, or WCF
- XML and JSON
- Secure website design and development
- Join our software engineering organization as a member of our Core Services, Product Development, or Customer Care team. Aligned to a scrum team, you will work on solutions like customized software and integrations for our fortune 1000 customers, product roadmap features, core services and APIs, etc.
- Maintain existing software using Visual Studio and SQL server.
- Develop solutions that integrate with existing architecture.
- Program using industry standard methods.
- Work in a team environment with other developers, testers, production support staff, business users, and other internal teams as well as periodic external partners.
The ReedGroup Offices are in Westminster, CO. But working remotely is acceptable.
(Housing is not provided)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we’re a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.