Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that helps families build and improve places to call home. Our vision is to build strength, stability and self-reliance in partnership with families in need of decent and affordable housing. We believe affordable housing plays a critical role in strong and stable communities.
The Communications Intern will work independently and, in a team, to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to communications and marketing strategies. The ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, hardworking, social media savvy, and excited to convey creative ways to engage audiences in the organization’s mission. While assisting with a wide range of projects, interns will gain hands-on experience in many aspects of marketing and development, while also gaining a good understanding of a small nonprofit organization.
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns.
- Create online advertisements as needed.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Update organization Blog with current events, relevant news, etc.
- Design event/program fliers, graphics and other marketing material
- Assist with communications related writing, editing and proofreading as needed
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and tools.
- Event planning and coordination
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Canva highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support Habitat fror Humanity.
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.
Employment Status: Non-paid internship.