How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Audiology department is dedicated to improving the quality of life for you and your loved ones. Our licensed and certified audiologist will diagnose and treat hearing disorders and provide audiological services for newborns through the senior years. Additionally, our experts specialize in individuals with special needs such as autism, those with learning disabilities, and children with ADHD. We offer a flexible schedule, with day time and early evening hours available. At out out-patient location, we are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. 5 days a week. You have the flexibility to work at either of our 2 out-patient locations, as well as float into out in-patient site if needed. Audiologists at Bayshore Medical always celebrate our beliefs-Compassionate, Creative, Courageous and Collaborative
Bayshore Medical Center offers Audiology services for adults and children. You get to work with and compliment the services of our robust Speech Language Pathology programs. Audiologists at Bayshore Medical Center can perform a variety of tests and treatments, including: adult hearing tests; pediatric hearing tests, all ages; newborn screenings; VNG – testing to find the cause of dizziness/imbalance; EquiTest computerized balance assessment; middle ear testing for fluid, ear infections and perforated ear drums; inner ear sensory cell testing; pre-employment, school and annual hearing tests; Tinnitus testing; Ototoxic hearing test; Meniere’s disease testing; and auditory brain-stem testing, and ABR.
A day in the life of an Audiologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Administering and interpreting audiometric and vestibular diagnostic testing, and implements an Audiology treatment program for patients with hearing, balance, and related ear impairments and/or disorders
- Diagnostic and therapeutic intervention for neonates through geriatrics for detection, management and counseling of hearing loss and related disorders
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals, while considering both the patient’s and caregiver’s goals in the formulation of the plan of care
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement
- Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified needs in an understandable manner
- Current and valid New Jersey state license in Audiology is required
- CPR certification by American Heart Association is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.