How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system. As a Summer Scholar, the student will primarily be involved in a research project under a physician mentor with a focus in the area of cancer care. The internship requires a full-time commitment from students who get selected for a period of eight weeks. As there is no provision for housing, selected students are expected to provide their own transportation to the hospital. They will also receive a stipend upon completion of their Summer Scholarship Experience. This funding is contingent upon their continued satisfactory performance in the program as determined by their mentor and completion of all required paperwork and a summary presentation.
The Summer Scholarship Program is supported by grants from the Elaine Dancer Scholarship and the Axelrod Research Fund.
Location: Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, NJ (or virtual)
- Duration of internship: Summer 2021 (9 weeks, June 1 to July 30, 2021)
- Selected students will be expected to attend mandatory clinical and research meetings as directed by their mentor.
- Data review and collection for individual clinical research projects, analysis, reports, and writing.
- Participation in various projects as directed by mentor or physicians.
- College students enrolled in pre-medical program with at least 2 years of college completed at the time of application.
- Students from backgrounds underrepresented in medicine are especially encouraged to apply.
- GPA of 3.5 or higher (copy of completed college records required).
- Letter of intent.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office suite of products, email and internet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organization, problem solving, time and task management skills.
- Must be a team player, willing and able to work with a variety of colleagues.
- Interested applicants please contact: Mila Lachica, Research Coordinator (email@example.com)
This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion, but you will be provided with a stipend.