How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Position is responsible for the support of Nursing Administration in staffing nursing / administrative needs of hospital nursing units. Provides assistance and guidance to managers/staff in need of general department information; provides clerical and telephone support to department and performs computer input of data.
A day in the life of Business Associate Staffing at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assist in securing additional nursing resources under direction the Supervisor to ensure adequate staffing levels including but not limited to corporate and division patient observers.:
- Calls are made to available staff and status is communicated to the Nursing Supervisor. Patient observer calls are made daily to secure coverage.
- Computer input of scheduling data, time changes and benefit time requests.: Computer input is performed completely, accurately and in a timely manner. Appropriate codes are used, and complete information is input.
- Department of health calculation DOH data entry: Department of health calculations are completed and faxed to departments and filed appropriately within a timely manner.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment. Office is kept neat and clean.: Work area is neat and clean; Printers and fax machines are checked and filled as needed. Toner cartridges are changed as needed. Department forms are kept replenished
- Maintains patient or department records, charts and/or files.: Records, charts and files are complete and accurate at all times.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have excellent communication / customer service skills with the ability to handle heavy call volume
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to work quickly.
- Ability to work day shift hours, weekend and holidays.
- Flexible schedule and ability to come to work with last minute notice.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree