How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Through communication, requisitioning, and managing of supplies, equipment and staff, the Diagnostic Imaging Aide coordinates the activities of the department. Interacts and communicates with personnel from various departments and support services as well as the public and department co-workers. Provides administrative and clerical support.
A day in the life of a Diagnostic Imaging Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Works with Technologist in efficiently and accurately answering phone calls by taking down messages and information in regard to patient Imaging exams requested, performed and any and all issues related to services provided.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide safe direct patient care either with or in the absence of the Radiology Technologist. Demonstrates knowledge and competency in completing assigned duties/responsibilities according to established protocols for procedures being performed. Has knowledge of various procedures and understands the use and implications when imaging contrast is being used. Knowledge of the significance of Lab work values for IV contrast studies as well as medical terminology as related to patient history.
- Maintain Distribution of Additional Billing Information. Outpatient face sheets, Radiology Billing Info and Consent Authorization for Billing and Treatment Form, and a copy of the face sheet (if appropriate) are collected and forwarded to appropriate department.
- Ability to understand and process all preps and procedure follow-up instructions. As required, demonstrates the ability to notify physician, radiologists, technologist and nurses of scheduled exams and ensures that all necessary documentation is available.
- Replace damaged jackets/correct spelling/re-file any misfiled jackets. Maintains appropriate reports and patient history forms in film jackets.
- Demonstrates a proactive role in facilitating a smooth operation of the area/office. Consistently performs duties with little or no supervision. Maintains clerical and medical supplies and orders as necessary. Displays resourcefulness in completion of daily tasks and special projects. Assist other staff members as needed, by completing various tasks as requested (i.e. pick-up/delivers items to other departments).
- Guests/customers are scheduled appropriately based on physician script request, history or new concern. Appropriate instructions given for Pre-registration and specific test preparation.
- Checks name band/wristband identifying patient, brings patient into room, helps patient on/off table, brings patient out of room, landmarks patient on table, connects O2 if needed and assists patients’ needs, bathroom, bedpan, etc. Available to transport patients to and from exam room / department. Participates as member of Imaging lift team.
- Assist other Team members to fulfill department needs (test ordering, test result processing, making copies of films and discs, filing, mailing, telephone calls, and film/report retrieval/printing/faxing. Checks printed orders to help expedite timely services.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer systems including: ris, sms (invision), medhost, ioc, windscribe and pacs, consistently demonstrates the ability to properly use these systems including the necessity for security of these systems i.e. Always signing off after each use. Ends cases, adds charges, looks for prior exams, and combines cases for combo codes. Finds reports as needed. Reprints orders as needed. Looks up blood work. Looks for and prints completed reports. Scans paperwork, able to check in PACS as needed, pre fetch prior.
- Processes and analyzes the computer data generated from Diagnostic Imaging requests and determine appropriate course of action for completing exam requested in a timely manner. Obtains missing information as needed to expedite patient through imaging process.
- Maintains consistent records for billing and appropriate tracking (activating accounts, patient in/out, film sign-/sign/out log, responds timely to film requests. Appropriately rescheduling guests/customers and maintains system for cancellations, pathology reports distributed for review and filed for reference. Activities are coordinated with no delay or disruption of service.
- Work area is neat, clean and is properly stocked with daily with supplies; also notifies Supervisor when supplies are low. Supplies are ordered in a timely manner, work area is neat and clean and proper inventories are met. Assures that patient waiting areas are neat, clean, and properly maintained.
- Greet/assist guests/customers in processing and completion of paperwork. Guests/customers greeted upon arrival to department, given complete and accurate instructions, communicated in a clear and concise manner to fill out necessary paperwork pertaining to their appropriate tests. Questions are answered or directed to the appropriate source. Appropriate steps are taken for preparation for a specific test. Coordinates patient activities including patient transfer of records and general activities within department.
- Knows table controls, gets table ready for appropriate study using head or foot piece, landmarks table, uses table safety straps and cleans table safety straps appropriately.
- Stocks and cleans rooms as necessary, records temperature on refrigerator and warmer, puts away supplies/breakdown cardboard, empties linen/garbage as needed.
- High School graduate or equivalent is required
- Must acquire Basic Life Support within six months of date of hire