How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Our team is looking for passionate Experience Ambassadors who are ready to champion patient experience across Hackensack Meridian Health. In this role, you will work as an advocate and liaison between patients and visitors and their care team. Experience Advisors capture feedback through proactive patient rounding and report trends impacting patient experience. Experience Ambassadors utilize resourcefulness, interpersonal and communication skills, and service recovery methods to address patient concerns.
This part-time position includes evening shift availability. As a part-time employee of Hackensack Meridian Health, you will be eligible to participate in our benefits package.
A day in the life of an Experience Ambassador at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Collaborate with Patient Experience team members in identifying trends related to patients’ needs or escalating cases as needed
- Serves as a liaison between patients/visitors and physicians and all team members to enhance communication, promote good working relationships, accomplish assigned duties, and improve the delivery of care.
- Utilizes resourcefulness, interpersonal skills, and service recovery methods to address patient/visitor concerns prior to discharge.
- Welcomes and greets patients and visitors to the medical center, provides visitors guidance on current visitor policies
- Provide assistance to patients and visitors related to parking and navigating across the hospital; escorting patients directly as needed
- Proactively rounds medical center and uses technology to capture feedback to address patient needs or environmental observations
- Communicates and promotes hospital policies, procedures, and services and seeks creative solutions to meet consumer expectations
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma.
- 3-4 years experience in a customer-oriented position.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, visible environment while maintaining a professional and confident demeanor in stressful situations
- Highly resourceful, efficient, and organized with excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, problem-solving, and service recovery skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree.
- Patient Advocacy Certification.
- Bilingual a plus.