How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Women’s Center at Riverview Medical Center has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR), earning accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guidedbreast biopsy) and breast MRI (including MRI-guided biopsy).
The ACR is a national professional organization serving more than 34,000 diagnostic/interventional radiologists, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians, and medical physicists with programs focusing on the practice of medical imaging and radiation oncology, and the delivery of comprehensive health care services.
Our technologists perform mammography, bone density, and tomosynthesis as well as biopsy support.
A day in the life of a Mammography Technologist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Performing mammography, bone densitometry, and tomosynthesis
- Supporting biopsies
- Patient education
- Working with referring physicians to confirm orders
- Adhering to breast imaging standards of practice/competencies
- Working collaboratively with fellow team members
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of radiology
- Must have current and valid AART certification in both radiology and mammography
- Must have current and valid NJDEP
- CPR/BLS Certification by American Heart Association is required
- Must have ability to do bone density tests
- Three (3) or more years of experience in mammography preferred
- Three (3) or more years of bone density experience is preferred
- Experience with tomosynsthesis and supporting breast biopsies is strongly preferred
- Must be willing to rotate through nights and weekend
- Excellent communication and customer service skills