How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Provide emergency 911 advanced life support. Assess, communicate, treat critical patients and complete patient care reports. Daily operational tasks are also required in support of the department. All actions must be in accordance with all the State of New Jersey Guidelines in (8:41) regarding Mobile Intensive Care Paramedics (MICP) / Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN).
A Day in the Life of a Paramedic at Hackensack Meridian includes:
1. Performs assessments and utilizes critical thinking to identify a patient’s condition and determine a course of treatment. Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedure.
2. Responds to emergency calls.
3. Provides first-aid treatment or life support care.
4. Operate equipment in advanced life support environment.
5. Transfers patient to the ED giving complete report to receiving facility.
6. Responsible for routine troubleshooting, maintenance and cleaning of EMS equipment, vehicles and station facilities.
7. Performs within the guidelines/regulations established by the NJ State Office of Emergency Medical Services. Competent in all approved ALS skills.
8. Collaborates and communicates with all members of the interdisciplinary team to provide a coordinated efficient method of advanced life support.
9. Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
10. Operates wireless communication devices in a professional manner.
11. Documents all data and findings in a consistent, comprehensive, and legible manner in accordance with departmental policy and requirements.
12. Participates in the identification, data collection and appropriate resolution of problem area that may involve patients, BLS resources and unit staff.
13. Must operate motor vehicles in a lawful and safe manner, always exercising due regard, while maintaining a motor vehicle driving record in accordance with HMH policy.
14. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
15. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
16. Lifts a minimum of 100 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 100 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- No definite determined length of previous experience; Entry level applicant should be experienced with basic life support level minimum.
- Completion of required courses (basic)
- New Jersey State Certified paramedic or equivalent out of state paramedic training with reciprocity; or New Jersey approved Mobile Intensive Care Nurse
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification – ACLS
- Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic Certification – MICP
- Valid Driver’s License from a USA state – US DR LIC