How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The pharmacist is responsible for the overall pharmaceutical care of the patient. This includes the processing of medications, evaluation of drug therapy, preparation of sterile products, and patient education. The pharmacist interacts with other members of the health care team, including physicians and registered nurses.
A Day in the Life of a Pharmacist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Demonstrates an understanding of operational pharmacy issues.
- Enters or verifies and processes medication orders into the pharmacy information system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains clinical knowledge.
- Maintains a solid relationship with nursing staff. Demonstrates initiative.
- Compounds and prepares IV solutions and admixtures according to USP 797 sterile compounding standards.
- Checks and prepares unit dosed medications and sterile products prior to dispensing to nursing units, including those prepared by technicians.
- Current NJ pharmacy license required
- BS Pharm or PharmD.
- One-year hospital experience preferred