How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Ambulatory Pharmacy technician assists the licensed pharmacist in all phases of the prescription dispensing operation similar to that found in a retail pharmacy. The technician will need to be proficient in order entry and order filling functions with sufficient retail pharmacy or hospital based ambulatory pharmacy experience. The technician position requires excellent communication skills and knowledge of third party prescription plans. Our technicians provide assistance across all phases of ambulatory pharmacy operations including dispensing, cash register operation, and bedside prescription delivery program.
A day in the life of an Ambulatory Pharmacy Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assist Ambulatory Pharmacy Licensed Pharmacists in performing all tasks as described in NJ Statute Title 45 Chapter 45:14-80
- Fills medications in accordance with state and federal codes and regulations.
- Enters medication orders into the computer system.
- Maintains accurate inventory.
- Under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, the Ambulatory Pharmacy Technician assists pharmacists in a manner to provide medications safely, accurately and efficiently to the employee and discharge patient population served by the Meridian Ambulatory Pharmacy.
- Prepares Compounds extemporaneously.
- The Ambulatory Pharmacy Technician works in a dispensing process similar to that found in a Retail Pharmacy Environment and retail pharmacy experience is a minimum requirement.
- Position offers coverage opportunity at alternate Ambulatory Pharmacy Sites.
- High School Diploma Required
- NJ Registered Pharmacy technician REQUIRED.
- Certified Technician Preferred
- Previous experience in Hospital based Ambulatory Pharmacy or Retail Pharmacy highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Good communications skills.
- OPTIONAL- Knowledge of RX30 Pharmacy and POS System