How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Outpatient Rehabilitation at Ocean Medical Center focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to rehabilitative care. A coordinated team develops rehabilitation programs to enable patients to achieve an optimal level of function and wellness. Our team of physical therapists provides quality rehabilitative care for patients of all ages pre-operatively, post-operatively, and/or for conservative management of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. Our skilled staff establishes personal goals for each patient, with a carefully planned and medically approved treatment program, and maintains an ongoing dialogue with the patient’s physician. We believe our one-on-one patient-therapist relationships are a major reason for our outstanding success. There is alot of opportunity to learn and growth throughout our network. Our services are tailored for: Arthritis, Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Fractures, Joint replacement or other surgery, Motor vehicle accidents, Muscle or joint sprains or strains, Neurological conditions, Osteoporosis, Post-surgery, Stroke Sports injuries, Work-related injuries, Trauma, Prosthetic/orthotic training, and Wound care.
This position will support our Point Pleasant Beach, Jackson, and Brick locations. We offer flexibility and a variety of schedules. We are open Monday through Friday, with 2-3 late nights per week ranging from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Physical Therapists hired get the opportunity to do what they do best each day, and they are encouraged to follow their interests into other aspects of work. In addition to the educational opportunities provided through HMH, our team presents on a regular basis to each other from courses and seminars they’ve attended. In this way, you get to stay up to date on the latest advancements in the field. Physical Therapists at Ocean Medical Center always celebrate our beliefs – Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, and Collaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Demonstrating competency/safety in the use of testing techniques and therapeutic interventions
- Evaluation and treatment of acute care patients, largely geriatric populations
- Evaluating patients with various disabilities
- Communicating effectively among all caregivers and stakeholders to enhance clinical outcomes
- Making good clinical decisions efficiently with safety as a number one priority
- Provide care within an acute hospital setting.
- Establish plan of care and implement care.
- Work amongst a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation and hospital team
- Provision of care for inpatient physical therapy.
- Develop and implement plans of care consistent with NJDOH, TJC and NJ State Regulations
- NJ PT license required
- CPR BLS certification required
- Previous acute care hospital experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility / team player