How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assess patients needs through observations, medical records, tests, and discussions with other healthcare professionals, patients families, and patients
- Create treatment plans and programs that meet patients needs and interests
- Plan and implement interventions to prevent harm to a patient
- Engage patients in therapeutic activities, such as exercise, games, and community outings
- Help patients learn social skills needed to regain independence
- Teach patients about ways to cope with stress, anxiety, or depression
- Record and analyze a patient’s progress.
- Evaluate interventions for effectiveness
- Works with other therapy professionals on patient goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field is strongly preferred.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) credentials required
- 1 or more years experience on Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit is preferred; new grads welcome to apply
- Must be willing to work rotating weekends and holidays