How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Southern Ocean Medical Center, part of the Hackensack Meridian Health Family, our team employs a collaborative care model, an approach to treatment that helps patients deal with the range of emotions and increased stress that often comes along with a cancer diagnosis. An expert clinical team, advanced treatment options and a comfortable environment are what set our programs apart from the rest.
A day in the life of a Respiratory Therapist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Providing respiratory therapy under medical direction, in the education, treatment, management, & diagnostic evaluation and care of patients in the hospital with deficiencies of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Performing Pulmonary Function Testing and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including patient specific disease education as well as testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
- Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified needs in an understandable manner.
- Current and valid New Jersey Respiratory Care license is required
- Certified Respiratory Therapist or Registered Respiratory Therapist is required
- BLS/CPR by American Heart Association, and ACLS required within six (6) months of hire
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Pulmonary Function Testing experience required