How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
***This is a Per Diem position.
- Administers diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory care modalities in a competent manner.
- Performs diagnostic respiratory care procedure.
- Maintains and monitors respiratory related equipment.
- Assists in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Delivers on a daily basis, therapeutic respiratory care modalities, according to department policies and procedures by processing requests for procedures from patient care units and confirming physicians orders in patient charts and establishing a patient care plan for each patient, regularly updating knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Evaluates the effects of therapies and makes records to the physician. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
- Performs on a daily basis check of resuscitation equipment and emergency oxygen supply.
- Delivers and maintains on a daily basis oxygen equipment as ordered by physician.
- Stocks on a daily basis respiratory therapy supplies throughout the hospital.
- Maintains, cleans and performs, as needed, functional checks of department equipment
- High School Graduate.
- Graduate of AMA approved respiratory therapist program required.
- Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
- NJ Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner required.
- CPR certified required.
- Previous experience required, at least two (2) years clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of function and ability to operate ventilator, respirators, blood gas machines, pulse oximeter, pulmonary function unit, suction machine.