How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier health-care system.
Our security team provides the highest level of safety and security and customer service for our patients, visitors, team members and guests.
A day in the life of a Security Officer at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Patrolling the campus either on foot or in a vehicle.
- Controlling access and vetting individuals requesting to gain access.
- Coordinating shift activities.
- Monitoring alarms and access information.
- Responding to alarms and Code Calls in a timely manner.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Controlling disorderly situations and ability to assist in all situations that require security presence.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preventative Safety and Security Rounding.
- Minimum Education – High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required.
- Desired education – Bachelor’s degree in National Security or Criminal Justice.
- Minimum work experience – Some security experience preferred.
- Desired work experience – Healthcare security is preferred.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to ascend/descend up to 10 flights of stairs.
- Must demonstrate excellent observation skills for reporting events.
- Must be able to physically restrain an individual
- No less than exceptional customer service is expected.