How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the Life of a Social Worker MS at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Provides crisis intervention, assessment and disposition planning for patients in the Emergency Department (primary assignment), and Center for Living Inpatient Unit (if needed as determined by Program Coordinator, on an as-needed basis).
- Assists in facilitating psychiatric emergency patient care and ongoing in-patient treatment.
- Provides for the safe and appropriate transition of the patient from the hospital to the home environment or another health care facility.
- Utilizes the clinical social work process in determining individual patient needs and the appropriate community resources available to assure continuity of care upon discharge.
- The per diem positions would be about 2-3 days a week approx. 20 hours. This position could be for both weekday and weekend coverage at either campus of Perth Amboy or Old Bridge as assigned.
- Current and valid LSW, LCSW, LAC or LPC in the State of New Jersey is required
- Masters of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or a related field is required
- One (1) or more years of experience in a hospital or other health agency setting is preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Knowledge of growth and development and an understanding of the range of treatment needed as is age appropriate for those patients
- Ability to obtain and interprets assessment and treatment to patients ranging in age from child to adolescent (in ER) and adult to geriatric (both ER and inpatient)