How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Social Worker BS at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Serves as a liaison for resident and community needs. Residents receive community services as needed. Provides education to residents regarding their rights and responsibilities. Ensures that resident’s rights are upheld.
- Serves as a liaison for family members. Responds to the emotional needs of the family. Works to establish an active family council.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of cultural, medical and social issues that impact upon patient/family ability to cope with illness. Utilizes all resources to facilitate coping mechanisms.
- Works with IDCP Team to ensure family/resident are kept informed and have safe discharge. Co-ordinates all discharge planning. Develops a discharge plan in collaboration with the patient/family and healthcare team that will provide maximum benefit for each patient. Ensures the provision of continued care at home based upon the patients assessed needs. Ensures DME and supplies are utilized effectively in the discharge plan. Makes appropriate referrals to APS or other agencies as necessary.
- Tracks and monitors grievances and missing items and ensures proper follow-up.
- Coordinates and schedules care conferences as per state/federal guidelines. Documentation is completed and meets all state/federal regulations.
- Assists residents/families with Medicaid application. Medicaid process is completed in a timely manner.
- Completes all documentation as required for state/federal regulations. Required documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Assists director with support groups for residents, families and community at large.
- Shares information, ideas and personal skills with other team members in the department and facility. Asks if other team members need help.
- Delivers the highest level of service to all residents, families and visitors. Follows the Meridian Way and Rules of Service to ensure satisfaction.
- Participates on committees as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Social Services is required
- Current and valid Licensed to practice in the state of NJ
- Experience working with geriatric patients