The Hamilton Lane Analyst Development Program is professional development program which begins with cohort based intensive training at our Philadelphia headquarters. Analysts work in one of six teams (Fund Investments, Secondary Investments, Direct Investments, Real Assets, Evergreen Portfolio Management or Private Market Analytics) in a role which progressively grows in responsibility and accountability over the three-year period.
Analyst roles are challenging. They are held to high standards and evaluated and coached regularly. Once they’ve successfully completed the initial three-year assignment participants may:
- Be offered the opportunity stay at Hamilton Lane on an Associate track.
- Continue their education.
- Use the professional network and relationships created during the program to transition their career to another firm within the asset class.
Successful candidates are interested in institutional asset management, they have demonstrated excellence in their studies, activities and internships; they are intellectually curious, analytical, progressive, creative thinkers; they are energized by working in a team based environment; and they are exceptional communicators.
The Fund Investment team identifies and reviews private equity fund managers. Fund Investment team members conduct due diligence, screen new investment opportunities and contribute to private equity research reports. They are exposed to the world’s best private equity managers.
As a first year Fund Investment Analyst, you will begin to develop the needed skills to assess private equity fund investment opportunities. You will receive exposure to private equity asset managers, called General Partners, by analyzing their private placement materials, participating in in-house meetings and site visits to their offices (during this unusual time, most meetings have occurred virtually, we will reengage personally once it is safe!).
In addition to working on special projects and other company initiatives, first year Fund Investment Analysts:
- Perform the initial review and formulate the initial recommendation of private equity fund opportunities on a global basis;
- Meet fund managers and perform in depth due diligence in order to arrive at a final recommendation on the fund opportunity;
- Monitor portfolios and generate written reports on Hamilton Lane’s current fund investments through update meetings, quarterly calls and annual meetings.
Second year Fund Investment Analysts continue to build on the skills attained in their first year however, as investment acumen develops, they take on more ownership of initial recommendations and participate more in deal team discussions. They oversee and review the training of first year analysts and over time will review the output of more junior analysts. They will also start to make introductions to broader pieces of the firm.
In their third year, Fund Investment Analysts successful candidates will have developed their competencies, professionalism and investment acumen to the point where they take on a more senior role on deal teams. They typically produce less individual work products and are expected to contribute at a higher level providing more insight into investment recommendations. They acquire excellent knowledge of the market and can differentiate easily and with confidence between fund investment opportunities. In addition, they contribute to the hiring, training and mentoring of junior analysts.
To be considered for Hamilton Lane’s Analyst Development Program, we require:
- High academic achievement: 3.0 or higher overall GPA required.
- Majors: We are interested in applicants who have demonstrated excellence in their chosen majors, have strong analytical talent, and are keenly interested in investments. We will consider all majors for our program; however the following majors are preferred: Business, Finance, International Business, Accounting, Economics, Financial Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics.
- Language: English Fluency.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated:
- On-Campus Leadership: in clubs, sports, community service, etc.
- Success in Professional Level Internships: with references to illustrate that success
- Language Skills: additional spoken and written languages.
- The ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Applications must include a resume.
Only applications received through our website will be considered:
Learn more about the Hamilton Lane Analyst Development program by visiting: http://www.hamiltonlane.com/Analyst-Development-Program/