Would you like to use your accounting experience to make a difference? Hasbro’s Corporate Controller’s group is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team! This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Corporate Accounting. This dynamic, high-touch role is responsible for multiple areas of accounting and reporting at our publicly traded, multi-billion dollar global play and entertainment company.
The Senior Accountant is a key contributor to the monthly financial close process, specializing in journal entries, account reconciliations and analyses with efficiency and accuracy.
A day in the life of a Senior Accountant:
- Super user of the Company’s financial consolidation system; represent the team in discussions and decisions surrounding the system
- Prepare quarterly and ad-hoc financial reporting for Investor Relations and Senior Management
- Own the accounting and reporting for our philanthropic trust, The Hasbro Children’s Fund
- Collaborate with various internal partners globally to provide information, seek issues and offer solutions to business needs
- Provide vital information to facilitate the internal and external audit process
What you’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-4 years of accounting and/or financial reporting experience
- Hands on experience with Longview or other consolidation software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, concepts and practices
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, creative problem solve and contribute efficiently and optimally in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment