Sales Development Representative Intern
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
Our summer internship program is designed as a unique opportunity for the next generation of sales professionals and sales leaders. The Sales Development Representative Intern will act as an extension of the sales team and this program will provide an opportunity for current college students to gain insight into sales and to receive continuous training focused on sales skills, while allowing them to get first hand experience of what a career in tech sales is like.
The interns will help drive revenue through demand generation. In addition to driving demand via phone and email with our Enterprise customers, they will be given training to develop business, sales, and technology skills.
At the end of the internship, participants will come out with strengthened business acumen, sales skills, and product knowledge of the HashiCorp technology.
In this role, you can expect to…
Interns will work in a (virtual) team environment alongside our inside sales team and enterprise field sales teams. The primary focus will be to generate qualified customer leads that the sales teams can develop into sales opportunities.
- Use multiple sales tools (Salesforce, LinkedIn, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, etc) and phone to generate potential sales leads.
- Meet designated daily/weekly/monthly goals and metrics
- Participate in ongoing training to increase product knowledge and go-to-market strategies. (whiteboard competitions, presentations)
- Become proficient in HashiCorp solutions.
You may be a good fit for our team if you…
- Are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the United States and returning back to school following the completion of this internship
- Have academic or some professional experience working in a corporate environment is preferred
- Have general exposure to technology (application delivery, security, infrastructure)
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have curiosity to understand and use new technologies and the courage to ask “why”
- Prior sales experience/sales training preferred but not required.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, self-starting, and an ability to learn
- Are creative thinkers who also understand real-world products
- Have the constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new thing
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
Please submit a cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills and tells us about your interest in being part of the HashiCorp story.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.