HHSD is seeking a full-time teacher to teach technology education at HHHS. This position will be a permanent contracted position. Salary Range is $48,801 – $76,094
Apply at: https://hatborohorsham.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
· Bachelor’s degree is required
This position will require the candidate to have experience with the following:
– The Autodesk Suite –
- with a concentrated focus in AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit
- focus on residential Architectural systems
- ability to use the Autodesk Suite to create high level drawings/renderings
– CNC systems and other Manufacturing processes
- ability/experience to run a CNC machine
- ability/experience to create 2D & 3D drawings and transfer to the CNC machine
- has in-depth knowledge of various wood working processes and machinery usage
- knowledge on how to implement Technology & Engineering concepts
- integrate software programs and hands on projects to synthesize learned concepts
- Creates a learning environment that promotes and encourages inquiry and critical thinking.
- Develops and administers technology education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives; develops technology units to be delivered in the classroom or technology lab.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and utilizes appropriate equipment for subject area; translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of technical skills to everyday existence, guides students in the selection of projects or experiments.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with district and PA standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other staff members, and others for the purpose of maximizing the uses and effectiveness of technology in student learning activities.
- Selects instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records; ensures machines and equipment are in proper working order.
- Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- In-depth knowledge of, and ability to use, MS Office Standard (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) 2003 and 2007.
- Knowledge of a wide range of technology-related subject areas, as well as best practices in incorporating technology into student learning activities.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
PA State Certification as a Technology Education Teacher
Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.