**Note: Role Can be Remote**
Havas Formula, a national Public Relations agency, with offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Denver and Chicago, is seeking a Jr. Accountant to join our amazing team!
The Jr. Accountant supports the department with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Reconciliations, GL Register entries, and monthly closing. The role works regularly in MS Excel, so you should be able to do Vlookups, Sumif, Subtotals, Pivot tables and Link spreadsheets.
The ideal candidate focuses on being the ultimate team player within the department and is a self-starter, has a can-do attitude, can work independently within tight deadlines and is flexible, jumping from one task to the next without missing a beat.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Completes journal entries
- Creates invoices, receiving payments, and records deposits
- Creates charts of accounts and items
- Enters and pays bills
- Creates custom reports
- Reconciles accounts
- Assists in collections
Bookkeeping | Accounting
- Revenue recognition
- Debits and credits
- Journal Entries
- Creates the Street ACP Grossup and accruals
- Performs month end bill over and close of Street QuickBooks
- Creates consolidating entries in Havas Formula QuickBooks
- Works with department to ensure month is closed accurately and on time
Credit Card Management
- Works with the team to ensure credit card charges are accurately coded in Concur
- Imports and reconcile credit card charges in QuickBooks
- Orders, distributes, and cancels a high volume of credit cards per month
- Researches discrepancies and reconciles to statement
Education: AA Degree (Finance | Accounting focus preferred)
Experience: 1-2 years of accounting experience.
Skills & Abilities Required: Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Meets tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details. Strong auditing, writing, editing, listening and verbal communications skills. Strong independence, solid judgement, drive and influence. Resourceful, solutions focused, and results driven. Capable of multitasking, prioritizing and organizing. Self-motivated and able to work well in a collaborative environment as well as individually. Effectively manages time and follows up. Knowledge of when to rely on personal judgment and when to seek advice.