Who We Are:
We are building a leading commercial landscape enterprise across the nation through strategic acquisitions and robust organic growth. We locate, acquire, and develop landscaping companies in attractive markets through relationships and data-driven processes. We deliver landscaping services in extraordinary ways, by operating our business with a shared culture of excellence and success.
We have an immediate need for technology professionals with Research & Development experience and programming skills. The Software Engineering Intern will assist in the development of applications, innovate new systems and automate processes, as well as improve the UX/UI of existing web applications.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and possess technical, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. The ability to uphold the security and privacy of our data systems, data integrity, and QA/QC are at the forefront of this opportunity.
• Undergraduate student in computer science, geoscience, data science, data analytics, information systems, or a closely related field.
• Experience developing and designing web applications or geospatial applications.
• Proficient in web application development, HTML5/CSS/Java.
• Preferred experience with or knowledge of GIS and API interactions.
Responsibilities and Relevant Skills:
• Innovate, improve, and deploy spatial and non-spatial information systems.
• Research and develop solutions for our most pressing business problems.
• Design and write complex queries in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to extract data and integrate into our systems.
• Automate data management or analysis workflows and develop efficient processes to help drive the business forward.
• Natural aptitude for accuracy, organization, and adherence to deadlines. Careful consideration and validation of data integrity.
• Reviews and documents workflows, processes, and procedures in DevOps.
• Project management; handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently, absent step-by-step instructions.