The Technical Training Intern will be responsible for Hellmann’s operations training program for new hires and existing employees throughout the region. Responsible for supporting the planning, development, and updates to learning curriculum of and training programs for Air and Sea products. Primary area of responsibility will be working within the Hellmann Learning Hub and reconfiguring training modules to meet current objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the supervision of the BPM/Trainer
· Creates and designs training plans by position to include new hire, refresher and annual training by product and need. Creates training materials in support of training plans
· Creates online reference materials such as training guides, learning shorts and simulations for use as on-demand and self-directed training
· Catalogs all training materials and organizes training site for ease of use
· Writes and records training scripts for new and existing training modules
· Creates progress checks and similar assessments
· Creates and designs all training materials
· Creates training reports within the Learning Hub and monitors and evaluates training activities and program effectiveness
· Gathers and analyzes training feedback
· Performs other duties as assigned
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Actively pursuing Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university advanced degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of one-year experience in the freight forwarding industry, logistics, supply chain and/or training experience.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design and the measurement of training effects.‘
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
· Strong analytical, critical thinking skills and research capabilities
· Proactive, positive, enthusiastic and self-driven
· Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, plus training tools and systems
· Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Experienced in analyzing and documenting business processes and workflows.
· Experienced in delivering well-organized and effective presentations and training.
· Quality management or project management is considered an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
· Results-oriented – drives strategy and execution
· Leadership – demonstrates professionalism
· Project work
· Organization skills
· Time management and prioritization
· Adaptable / flexible to high-pressured environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English in order to present information to customers and management in a professional setting
· Advanced reading, comprehension and interpretation skills in order to analyze financial and legal documents, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and other complex documents
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing, rate quotes, and other details, etc.
· Analytical skills / problem-solving ability
· Advanced communication and organizational skills, strong attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure
· Regularly required to sit for extended periods
· Regularly uses arms to reach, hands and fingers for computer and phone use
· Speaking clearly and listening for heavy phone contact
· Requires close-up and computer screen distance vision ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar of those of an office setting with various office equipment.