HELP R.O.A.D.S. is a comprehensive, non-residential individual and family safety program providing a variety of services designed to assist in empowering survivors of domestic violence, other crime victims, and their families. As a Domestic Violence Counselor with HELP R.O.A.D.S. you’ll provide short-term domestic violence counseling to individuals and families, including children over 6 years old. You’ll develop a comprehensive case narrative outlining the domestic violence history of each client and establish a service plan based on assessed needs. You’ll help individuals and families impacted by domestic violence become more economically self-reliant, maintain permanent housing, build job skills, and access community resources independently. This is an excellent opportunity for a culturally sensitive, motivated, energetic team player to help survivors of domestic violence in need.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing crisis intervention as needed: hotline or face-to-face.
- Facilitating linkages to social services programs, advocating and assisting families in the negotiation of the service delivery system, and following up on referrals.
- Assisting clients in developing problem-solving skills and assessing their own resources and support systems.
- Exploring options including safety, legal, financial, employment, housing, medical care, etc.
- Providing orientation and presenting services to various entities in the community.
- Maintaining appropriate case record documentation and participating in team meetings, individual supervisory meetings, and client case conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in domestic violence counseling.
- Knowledge in substance abuse, sexual abuse, and AIDS/HIV related theories and practice.
- Experience in housing, job placement, and employment assistance.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with other programs as well as build strong bridges with community partners.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.