Accounting Rotational Externship
Opportunity: Accounting Rotational Externship
Accelerate your career development with our centralized accounting platform covering hotels from coast to coast in a 6-month Accounting Rotational Externship. Assist the accounting and finance teams with general accounting functions including maintaining the general ledger; performing accounts payable and receivable tasks, and compliance with SOX.
Areas of Exposure
Accounting – Accounts Payable – Tax
Potential Career Path
Staff Accountant – Staff Accountant II – Corporate Accounting Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in maintaining and closing the company’s general ledger, including preparation of journal entries, review of the general ledger, investigation of errors and anomalies, and preparation of account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assist in evaluation of internal control over financial reporting in accordance Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX), including testing of internal controls and maintenance of information.
- Assist in supporting the external auditors in their examination of the Company’s financial statements and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Process invoices (and cut checks, as needed) in accordance with related policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate payments to vendors.
- Handle valid vendor inquiries timely and completely to ensure a high level of customer service to external customers.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as request by management.
- Recent graduate entering the workforce after completing a Bachelor’s degree or working toward a Master’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
Work Environment and Context
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Overtime may be required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.