Opportunity: People Support Extern
The People Support Extern performs human resources administrative tasks related to the onboarding and hotel acquisition processes, providing support to HHM’s centralized corporate People Support Team. This role participates across talent acquisition, employee relations, and benefit administration functions and plays an essential role in creating a positive new hire experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Process and verify new hire information into the human resources information system.
- Assist with Tracker I-9 work authorization reporting and maintenance.
- Assist with new hire paperwork and the onboarding process.
- Assist employees and applicants with completing required forms and procedures.
- Assist with administering the background check review process.
- Assist with the following unemployment procedures.
- Assist with setup and communication of required state training.
- Provide administrative support to human resources management staff.
- Complete special projects such as open enrollment, hotel integrations, and employee review process.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- A recent (2019/2020/2021) graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or pursuing a degree in Human Resources with the ability to work for at least 30 hours per week.
- Previous internship experience in the human resources or hospitality field preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage information flow.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to work on independent tasks.
- Solid presentation and powerpoint skills as well as strong organizational skills.
Work Environment and Context
- Requires sitting for extended periods, use of hands and fingers to operate computers and keyboards.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It