Hewlett Packard Labs: Silicon Photonics R&D Research Associate (intern)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
At HPE we believe in bold moves, the power of “Yes we can”, and being a force for good. Our work thrives on differences, fueling creativity to give our customers all they deserve. But our work is far from over. In fact, we continuously push for better. We empower our team members to make an impact on our business and in the world while fostering a culture that is unconditionally inclusive. Whether you’re looking for an internship or to start your professional career, at HPE you’ll be in a position to create and collaborate on projects that challenge and inspire you.
HPE Labs are committed to the fast and seamless transfer of advanced technologies into next generation products and solutions; enabling the delivery of advanced Hybrid IT and IoT solutions for our customers.
The Large Scale Integrated Photonics (LSIP) Lab at Hewlett Packard Labs is seeking qualified candidates for a research associate position starting immediately. The main research topic is Silicon and III-V compound semiconductor photonics, with the long-term goal of achieving a low-power consumption, high-speed photonic interconnect system for HPE data center business. You will participate in design, fabrication, and characterization of Si-based photonic integrated component and circuits.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Currently enrolled in a PhD program in Physics, Applied Physics, or Electrical Engineering, and are close to completing a PhD degree
* Demonstrated the potential for high-caliber research
* Experience in theoretical and experimental knowledge of photonics, Si and III-V compound semiconductor materials, as well as the ability to characterize these optoelectronic devices in the laboratory
* Experience in a cleanroom, including the use of state-of-the-art lithography, etching and thin film deposition tools and process Silicon and III-V devices
* Experience in High-speed testing is a plus
* Experience in high-speed photonic device characterization is a plus
* Applicants should be comfortable working in a strongly collaborative and multidisciplinary industrial basic research environment.
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element!
Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.