Technology Consultant Intern
This role has been designated as ‘Office’, which means you will primarily work from an HPE office.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Joining HPE in an intern role is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, proactive individual to grow with us and help us drive our continued success globally. We are one of the largest technology companies in the world, operating in over 150 countries and market leading in several industries. We believe in partnership, innovation and taking action – our culture is what defines us as a company: how we act, how we treat others, and how we conduct business. In addition to working alongside great colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We even have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
College/University Graduate hires (within 12 months of graduation) undergoing a specific training and development path within the Graduate Program.
Four-year university students who are working in a technical internship role at the company during their study or in summer breaks between university semesters.
In this role, you will need to:
* Be responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
* Develop a broad spectrum of the company’s technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements.
* Perform tasks that may include installing new systems applications; updating applications, firmware, and drivers; creating boundaries for as well as performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned modules within a larger program; assisting in the preparation of technical presentations and demonstrations; and participating in customer meetings.
* Work with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
* Participate as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers.
* Use knowledge tools and re- uses information for the benefit of projects, and of professional development.
* Maintain high level customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met
* Handle customer relation problems promptly and appropriately, escalating issues according to established procedures
* respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions
* Work as part of a project team responsible for end-to-end solution delivery
* Understand a broad spectrum of the company’s technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements
Education and Experience Required:
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Computer Science or Engineering degree program
* Completed Junior level with a major in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
* On track for graduation May 2022
* Effective analytical, communication and inter-personal skills
* Problem solver with an attention to detail and a track record of following through
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action when needed
* Self-starter with the ability to manage work in a virtual office environment
* Energetic individual who thrives in team settings and invites collaboration
Knowledge and Skills:
* Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Troubleshooting hardware
* Linpack a plus
* Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently.
* Advanced business and financial acumen, good understanding of technology in relevant areas.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
* Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.