- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience developing programs/scripts in C++, Java, Python, SQL or experience in infrastructure/system administration.
- Experience in customer service or leadership.
- Master’s degree in STEM, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading entrepreneurial efforts, outreach within organizations, and/or in project/product/program management.
- Experience in systems software and algorithms, working with Linux/Unix.
- Experience in database design and SQL query construction.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (i.e. certifications, internships, coursework, etc.)
- Ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience and present technical materials. Demonstrated analytical, organizational, problem solving or troubleshooting skills.
About the job
Cloud Technical Residents provide technical expertise across the full Google Cloud portfolio of products to demonstrate the value of, deploy, and provide ongoing support to our customers. Google’s Cloud customer teams are on the front lines of leading customers through the largest technological shift in the history of the IT industry. They help customers understand the unique value and transformational benefits that result from applying these technologies to their business workloads.
As a part of the year-long full time Google Cloud Technical Residency Program, you will have the unique opportunity to work in different customer-facing Google Cloud roles under the direct mentorship of experienced staff members. Before you start role rotations, you will undergo extensive training to prepare you to add value on day one of your customer engagements. The role rotations include opportunities to provide implementation, advisory, and support services to Google customers across a wide variety of industry and scale, as well as potential opportunities to develop tools, demos, and related assets for customers.
Throughout the program, you will have both personal and professional development opportunities. You will build your business and technical skills by working on a range of projects such as automating and scaling business processes, creating custom solutions, and providing data driven insights to Google’s internal Sales and Product teams. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop project management, presentation, and customer-facing skills.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Help build creative solutions to challenging customer needs using Google Cloud.
- Collaborate with customers and other Googlers to manage and drive successful adoption of Google Cloud. Help develop recommendations for solution architectures and consulting services.
- Guide customers through the entire innovation lifecycle, building strategic roadmaps and driving achievement of key milestones.
- Solve customers’ operational issues through problem solving and technical troubleshooting, while working with internal teams to drive resolution. Help customers get answers to product questions.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing customer feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering.