Medicaid Business Development Intern:
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Medicaid Business Development Intern will be responsible for providing support as part of the Medicaid Business Development Capture & Strategy team on capture (pre-RFP preparation) activities to competitively position Anthem’s Medicaid health plans for upcoming RFPs and reprocurements for Medicaid managed care contracts. The Medicaid Business Development Intern will have the opportunity to partner with one (or more) of our Business Development Leaders to lead a defined set of activities or sub teams as part of Anthem’s capture strategy to prepare for an upcoming Medicaid RFP. The assigned Intern would work as a part of our capture team in conjunction with health plan leaders, Growth Directors, and the Medicaid Business Development team and would be assigned specific tasks or deliverables to own as part of the process.
Primary responsibilities include supporting:
· Work collaboratively with an assigned Business Development Leader to lead capture activities for an Anthem Medicaid market with an upcoming RFP (may be Texas, Georgia, Florida, or others depending on the pipeline)
· Own assigned deliverables and activities such as driving a particular strategy for a bid and working with health plan SMEs and Growth Directors to create a final work product that will be used to support the bid development (e.g., strategy for a particular health priority, collection of proposed rural health strategies for a bid, review of proposed value-added benefits to align with state goals, etc.)
· Conduct state-specific research on assigned Medicaid programs to support strategy development and present findings to leadership
· Support and participate in social drivers of health (SDOH) strategy development for a Medicaid market in capture
· If we have a live bid in process over the summer, participate in draft reviews and strategy sessions for a live RFP
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
· Develop a consolidated rural health strategy for an assigned market
· Conduct an analysis of proposed value-added benefits against state specific goals and priorities to determine competitiveness of offering
- Pursuing a degree in Public Policy, Health Care Administration, Business, Health Policy or other related degrees
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week in a [hybrid] setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research skills
- Project management skills
- MS PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills