Quality Improvement Specialist Intern:
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Quality Improvement Specialist Intern provides support to the Quality Management Department and participates in teams working on projects related to monitoring health outcomes for health plan memberships. Daily activities include both independent analysis of data aggregated and displayed in simple tables/graphs, in addition to development of Power Point slides for discussion of information in interdepartmental workgroup settings. Other activities include preparation of information for submission to the North Carolina Department of Health Benefits to meet compliance with regularity reporting requirements.
Primary responsibilities include supporting:
General responsible are related to designing and/or implementing quality reports and analysis based on departmental procedures.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Examine and evaluate initiative/program outcome results to determine impact.
· Tracks, trends and reports audit results to management.
· Runs and monitors monthly reports from database to identify and/or correct any incorrect data.
· Identify, recommend, and implement standardized approaches to performing and scoring quality audits
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
· Develop reporting formats from data extracts to monitor effectiveness of member outreach efforts
· Conduct an analysis of member gift card payouts linked to care gap closure to determine impact of program
- Pursuing a degree in Public Policy, Health Care Administration, Business, Health Policy or other related degrees
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week in a [hybrid] setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research skills
- Project management skills
- MS PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills