The primary responsibilities of the Email Administrator are to ensure the integrity of the electronic mail system and network. This will require the ability to develop and apply procedures to maintain the systems as well as develop solutions to problems that arise within the system. Additionally, the Email Administrator should have excellent communication and organizational skills to effectively balance priorities and communicate to various levels of the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installation, maintenance, configuration and management of email environment
• First- and second-level technical support of all email issues
• Perform email migrations and system upgrades as needed to support the business
• Perform monitoring and reporting of the email system to ensure performance and capacity metrics are aligned with business utilization
• Report performance and capacity metrics in a timely manner to ensure effective decision making
• Manage user access requests in manners consistent with Security policies and procedure
• Prepare and maintain documentation useful in explaining and support the email environment
• Ensure email system is properly backed up and information is available for restore
• Manage data storage requirements within the email environment using existing retention policies and guidelines
• Support of Outlook client software as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related field required.
2. Strong experience with MS Exchange and Outlook from University or in Internship companies.
3. Technical experience with IS operations and administration of computer systems required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong experience with Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2019 preferred.
2. Email system exposure to MS Exchange 2016, MS Exchange 2019 desired
3. Experience of Outlook Client and/or Lotus Notes desired
4. Aerospace experience desired
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Exempt) 01/07/14